Your comments are appreciated...

TO LEAVE A COMMENT, JUST CLICK ON THE WORD "COMMENT" AFTER A POST. I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Word for 2012!

 2012 is here! It's hard to believe a year has come and gone.

 After reading Deb's post at Mosiac Magpie the other day, I thought I would join in with finding me a "word" for 2012. (click on her blog to see her word)

 I didn't want to just "snatch" a word, and put my name on it, however, the word I chose came to mind pretty quickly. 

  I seem to hang on to my favorite words which are - hope, love, faith, and believe. I'm sure not ditching those because those words have held me up through a lot of rough times.

  My new word is - Innovative! 

Webster's definition: characterized by, tending to, or introducing innovations.
 Ask.com says it could also mean "think outside the box."

 Why this word? I suppose because I've sunk into a mode where all I want to do is things that are "easy." One reason is probably because of lack of time, and well, not sure what the other reason is. :)


 I want to be "innovative" and challenge myself into doing something different this year. I don't know what - but I will know when I see it or discover what it is - which I hope isn't a long time because I work slow. 


 I will leave you with this quote which I thought was appropriate.

"Throw back the shoulders, let the heart sing, let the eyes flash, let the mind be lifted up, look upward and say to yourself... Nothing is impossible!"
~ Norman Vincent Peale

 Come back and visit. You never know what you might find!
Happy New Year! 
 

7 comments:

Tracy said...

I did that exact same thing after reading another blog by a friend...it's much easier to focus on one word than a resolution. I think you chose a wonderful word...perhaps I'll tuck it into the back on my mind and use that one next year.
Happy New Year!

Eat To Live said...

Good for you on thinking outside the box. Maybe you will be my Innovator, because I like easy and I need a good swft kick to get me moving in the right direction.

nonie everythingsewing said...

What a clever idea. I never thought about focusing on just one word.

Stacey said...

What a great word! Love it!

marie said...

It's wonderful to find one word to focus on - I think it gives us some real direction for the year.
I love your word....and I look forward to seeing jut how innovation you can be

Jo said...

What a wonderful word. We should all have a little innovation in our lives. I hope whatever it is, you choose to do, that it is managable and you enjoy it. :-)

DeeDee said...

This is a greaet word for you.. I missed this fun deal... I hope to be back bloggin again soon... hugs...lets catch up soon...